The Holy Fountain of Adlwang
This fountain, which is fed by a spring, definitely goes back to the time before Christ.
An ancient myth states that exactly on this spot a beautiful virgin, surrounded by a brilliant light has been seen many times.
This appearance was the reason why the spring was established here and the church built next to it.
Even today the fountain is the destination of many believers who hope that an intervention from the Mother of God along with the washing of the eyes with the light iodine saline will improve their sight.
According to the old pieta, from which the fountain water flowed out of the wound in Christ’s side had become shabby, so the sculptor Franz Stark created a new statue of the "Sorrowful Mother of God" for the newly built chapel in the year 1893.