At the moment it is an art studio.
It was built in 1866 according to the plans of the architect of the “Viennese Ringstraße“, Theophil Hansen, and commissioned by Dr. Johann Rabl, an important spa physician, who amongst others treated Franz Grillparzer and Ludwig Anzengruber. Many of the exotic trees in the Spa Park are due to him.
The villa counts as the oldest, preserved example of middle class "world architecture", the unmistakable influence of the Italian Renaissance is obvious in its clear form. For a long time it was an annex of the “Kurhotel”, now "Miraverde"; it is now owned by the government of Upper Austria and is rented out at the moment.