- All weather
- Suitable for groups
As a reliable, professional supplier, AGRU offers everything from semi-finished products to technologically optimised injection moulded parts from a single source. Founded in 1948 by Alois Gruber Sr. in Upper Austria, the company is now one of the world's leading full-range suppliers of high-quality piping systems, semi-finished products, concrete protection sheets and sealing membranes made of engineering plastics. With expertise and experience in the processing of technical plastic parts and the development of customised solutions, AGRU is represented in almost all industrial sectors. Areas of application include the water and gas industry, energy industry, chemical and heavy industry, semiconductor and pharmaceutical industry (PURAD), tank and apparatus construction, aircraft and shipbuilding, mining and mining as well as building construction and civil engineering. The customers' requirements are as varied as the possible applications of the products.
The family-run company with over 1,000 employees and production sites on several continents is managed by the second generation of the family, Alois Gruber. Clear decisions, handshake quality and continuity characterise his company. AGRU customers appreciate the exceptional flexibility and fast response times of this flat hierarchy. And, of course, the reliability of the products and the agreements made. As a genuine family business, AGRU is aware of its responsibility towards customers, employees and the environment. To ensure that our employees remain fit and healthy in the long term, we offer various company health promotion programmes. Our open dialogue culture and the good working atmosphere within the family business also play an important role here.
Alois Gruber Sr. founded a locksmith's shop in Bad Hall and an anodising company in Grünburg in 1948. In the 1950s, the locksmith's shop was closed down and the focus shifted to the anodising business, which was expanded to include powder coating and a wet paint shop. Today, these competences are combined in Grünburg, Upper Austria, in AGRU Oberflächentechnik GmbH.
Alois Gruber Sr. laid the actual foundation for our current market position in plastics technology in 1961 with the decision to start producing plastic pipes . In the years that followed, this area was continuously expanded. Initially with the production of polypropylene and polyethylene pipes, and later with the manufacture of plastic sheets, solid rods and welding rods. The first injection moulds for the production of fittings for pipeline construction were put into operation in 1966.
In the years that followed, AGRU continued to expand the company headquarters in Bad Hall and expanded internationally. In 1998, Alois Gruber took over the business from his father. Since then, AGRU has concentrated on the further expansion and optimisation of the plastics production programme.