Adlwang, the oldest pilgrimage site in Upper Austria, lies in the spa district of Bad Hall and is at the centre of a romantic landscape with lush green meadows and healthy forests; it is the perfect place for a wide range of hikes and walks.
Adlwang was first mentioned in documents in 1180. In November 1794 it became a parish in its own right and it was only much later on the 21st January 1893 to be exact, that the autonomous township of Adlwang was formally recognised. At the end of the 17th century, Adlwang was already a flourishing and well known pilgrimage site, which even in those days was visited by pilgrims from far and wide. This tradition still continues today and Adlwang is particularly popular with pilgrims in the Marian months of May and October.
Sights such as the late-gothic pilgrimage church >>Sieben Schmerzen Mariens (Our Lady of Sorrows) << and the Holy Fountain as well as the Hallerwald forest nature trail round off the leisure activities.
Whether it is a holiday on a farm or just a short break, our guests can feel at home here right in the middle of the countryside and those that want more action can go cycling, riding, asphalt curling, hunting and fishing.
And then stopping afterwards for a bite to eat in one of our cosy inns makes the hearty farmer’s platter and a glass of Traunviertler cider taste even better.
422 m ASLElevation
47.99, 14.22GPS coordinates
From west take the A1 motorway (exit: Sattledt)
From east take the A1 motorway as well (exit: Strengberg/Haag)
From Linz main station to Rohr in the Kremstal valley
Regular bus service to Bad Hall and Adlwang
Adlwang Gemeindeamt Adlwang
Phone +43 43 7455
Fax machine +43 7258 7455 - 22